As a TCR, you will be part of a workforce who facilitate the provision of justice to Victorian communities. You will provide quality administrative and customer service support to the judiciary and court users of the MCV.
TCRs complete an 18-month internal training program to develop their skills and experience across a variety of court processes. Once the training program is complete, TCR’s can apply to become a Deputy Registrar which may then lead to a wide variety of roles throughout the Magistrates’ Court and other jurisdictions.
The main duty of a TCR is bench clerking in a courtroom, dealing with a wide variety of cases. This involves:
- Supporting the magistrate or judicial registrar in the courtroom
- Making announcements and swearing in witnesses
- Operating a range of complex technology, including facilitating the audio recording of cases and using various case management systems and videoconferencing platforms
- Liaising with stakeholders such as police officers, legal representatives and other court users
- Coordinating the movement of parties within a courtroom environment.
Outside of the courtroom, TCRs perform various duties in the registry including:
- Providing customer service via telephone, email or at the counter
- Performing a range of administrative tasks as required
- a genuine passion for working in the field of justice
- a confident and professional demeanour and enjoy public speaking
- excellent communication skills, attention to detail and work well under pressure.
You enjoy working as part of a team and are highly motivated to demonstrate service excellence.
How to apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button, ensuring you include a resume and a short covering letter in your application.
Please note, upon receipt of your application, you will be asked to provide a Confirmation of Aboriginality to be considered for this position. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
For further support please contact Court Service Victoria’s Dhumba Murmuk Djerring Koori Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org